The Monarchist 1.0
Defending the British Crown Commonwealth and the English-Speaking Peoples
English Flag (1272) Scottish Flag (1286) King's Flag (1606) Budge Flag (1707) Grand Union Flag (1776) United States of America Flag (14 June 1777) United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland (1801) UK Red Ensign UK White Ensign (1864) UK Blue Ensign Australian Flag (1901) New Zealand Flag (1917) Canadian National Flag (1965)

[+] HONOURING OUR PATRON, SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL, VICTOR OF THE ENGLISH-SPEAKING PEOPLES

[+] HONOURING OUR QUEEN, ELIZABETH THE SECOND, ON THE 80TH YEAR OF HER BIRTH (1926 - 2006)

[+] HONOURING OUR KING, SAINT EDWARD THE CONFESSOR, ON THE 1000TH YEAR OF HIS BIRTH (1005 - 2005)

[+] HONOURING OUR HERO, LORD NELSON, ON THE BICENTENNIAL OF THE BATTLE OF TRAFALGAR (1805 - 2005)

[+] HONOURING OUR SONS, THE QUEEN'S COMMONWEALTH SOLDIERS KILLED IN THE 'WAR ON TERROR'

[+] HONOURING OUR VETS ON THE 150TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE VICTORIA CROSS (1856 - 2006)

Monday, November 21, 2005
More glorious to see it, than pleasure to bear it

THE MONARCHIST QUOTE OF THE WEEK

To be a king and wear a crown is more glorious to them that see it than it is a pleasure to them that bear it.

Queen Elizabeth I.

There is nothing about which I am more anxious than my country, and for its sake I am willing to die ten deaths, if that be possible.

Queen Elizabeth I, in 1564.

Have a care over my people. You have my people - do you that which I ought to do. They are my people. Every man oppresseth and spoileth them without mercy. They cannot revenge their quarrel, nor help themselves. See unto them - see unto them, for they are my charge. I charge you, even as God hath charged me. I care not for myself; my life is not dear to me. My care is for my people. I pray God, whoever succeedeth me, be as careful of them as I am.”

Queen Elizabeth I, addressing her judges, 1559.

Comments:

Can't see the comments?If you are unable to see the comments, your browser may have javascript turned off or may not support javascript. Check your security settings. Otherwise you can click here to access to comments in regular HTML from the TheirSay! Comment Server.
Elizabeth the Great

The Royal Arms of Canada, 1921

email: themonarchist@rogers.com

[+] LOYAL PROCLAMATION Queen's Personal Flag

[+] THE TORY MANIFESTO Tory Blue

[+] THE WHIGGISH RABBLE Liberal Red

[+] DEFENDERS OF THE REALMS (*)


DEFENDER OF THE FAITH Jerusalem Cross

[+] GOD SAVE THE QUEEN Royal Standard

[+] CHURCH OF ENGLAND England

[+] PATRON SAINTS

[+] THRONE AND ALTAR


KING AND COUNTRY Royal Arms of UK Royal Arms of Canada Royal Arms of Australia Royal Arms of New Zealand

[+] SOVEREIGN OF STATE

[+] FOUNT OF JUSTICE (*)

[+] QUEEN-IN-PARLIAMENT (*)

[+] COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF UK Joint Services Flag

[+] COLONEL-IN-CHIEF British Army Flag

[+] HER MAJESTY'S SHIPS Naval Ensign

[+] FOUNTAIN OF HONOUR Most Noble Order of the Garter

[+] PATRON OF THE ARTS

[+] HEAD OF COMMONWEALTH Queen's Personal Flag


LORD OF THE BLOG

[+] BLOG PATRON

[+] GENTLEMEN SCRIBES

[+] DISTINGUISHED GUESTS

[+] HEREDITARY PEERS British Union Jack

[+] BLOGGING TORIES Canada

[+] RED ENSIGN BRIGADE Red Ensign

[+] KIWI BLOGS Red Ensign

[+] WITANAGEMOT CLUB England

[+] ROYAL ARCHIVES Royal Standard